- the act of arriving
- a person or thing that arrives or has arrived
- Arrival is defined as when a person or thing makes an appearance.
When you announce the people who just showed up for the dinner party, it is an example of announcing an arrival.
- The definition of arrival is when an idea or a goal is met.
An example of an arrival is when the day finally comes when your son's college graduation is achieved.
- The act of arriving.
- One that arrives or has arrived.
- The reaching of a goal or objective as a result of effort or a process: our ultimate arrival at a compromise.
arrive + -al
- Their arrival created a stir in the sleepy little town.
- Spring's arrival suggested a garden and Betsy embraced the idea whole heartedly.
- Soon after his arrival Prince Andrew, as a gentleman of the chamber, presented himself at court and at a levee.
- His method upon arrival at home had remained the same.
- On the arrival of the news that Hyder had descended from the highlands of Mysore, cut to pieces the only British army in the field, and swept the Carnatic up to the gates of Madras, he at once adopted a policy of extraordinary boldness.