traveler[trav′ə lər; often trav′lər]
- The definition of a traveler is a person who goes on trips or who is currently on a trip.
If you visit Europe and the Caribbean, this is an example of when you might be considered a traveler.
- a person who travels
- a traveling salesman; commercial traveler
- a thing that travels; specif.,
- any mechanical device, as a traveling crane, that moves or slides along a support
- Naut. a metal ring that slides on a rope, rod, or spar; also, the rope, rod, or spar it slides on
- One who travels or has traveled, as to distant places.
- often traveller Chiefly British a. A traveling salesperson.b. A member of any of various groups of traditionally itinerate people living especially in Scotland and Ireland.
- Nautical a. A metal ring that moves freely back and forth on a rope, rod, or spar.b. The rope, rod, or spar on which such a ring moves.