- to move or go about aimlessly, without plan or fixed destination; ramble; roam
- to go to a destination in a casual way or by an indirect route; idle; stroll
- to turn aside or astray (from a path, course, etc.); lose one's way
- to stray from home, friends, familiar places, etc.: often with off
- to go astray in mind or purpose; specif.,
- to drift away from a subject, as in discussion; stray or roam in thought
- to turn away from accepted belief or morals
- to be disjointed, disordered, incoherent, etc.
- to pass or extend in an irregular course; meander, as a river
- to move idly from one object to another: said of the eyes, a glance, the hands, etc.
ME wandren < OE wandrian, akin to Ger wandern, akin ? to wend, wind
to roam through, in, or over without plan or destination: to wander the world