- The definition of a salesperson is a person who sells goods or services.
An example of salesperson is someone who sells cars.
A couple talk to a car salesperson.
salesperson definition by Webster's New World
salesperson definition by American Heritage Dictionary
salesperson - Business Definition
What characteristics make for a successful salesperson?
A successful salesperson consistently brings value to the customer. That value is provided if the salesperson:
- understands the dynamics of the customer's marketplace,
- knows the specific needs of his or her customers and how to meet them,
- consistently brings new ideas and suggestions to the customer,
- flawlessly executes on services sold (or provides quality products on a consistent basis),
- follows up consistently, and
- maintains ethical business practices.
E. Mace Lewis, Vice President, Business Development, QD Healthcare Group, Greenwich, CT