vendor[ven′dər, ven dôr′]
- The definition of a vendor is a person selling something.
An example of a vendor is a man with a stall at a farmer's market who is selling tomatoes.
A vendor sells tomatoes at a farmer's market.
- one who vends, or sells; seller
- vending machine
Origin of vendorAnglo-French ; from French vendre
- One that sells or vends something: a street vendor; a vendor of software products on the Web.
- One that provides products or services to a business for a fee.
- A vending machine.
(plural vendors, feminine vendress)
- A person or a company that vends or sells.
vendor - Computer Definition
An organization that sells something. In this publication, vendor refers to both manufacturers and distributors as long as they sell products to the general public.
vendor - Investment & Finance Definition
A person or company that supplies goods or services to a business.
vendor - Legal Definition