- a person who trades; merchant
- a ship used in trade
- a stockbroker who trades esp. for his own account rather than customers' accounts
- One that trades; a dealer: a gold trader; a trader in bonds.
- Nautical A ship employed in foreign trade.
trader - Investment & Finance Definition
- A person who buys or sells securities with the intention of making a profit. A trader may be employed by a trading firm, or may be an individual who trades for his or her own account. An individual trader’s strategy may be to trade for quick profits, such as a day trading, or it may be to take a long-term view of the market and do little actual buying and selling.
- A person who buys and sells goods with the intention of making a profit.