trade name definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the name by which a commodity is commonly known in trade
- a name used by a company to describe a product, service, etc., often, specif., a name that is a trademark or service mark
- the name under which a company carries on business
trade name definition by American Heritage Dictionary
nounThe American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A name used to identify a commercial product or service, which may or may not be registered as a trademark. Also called brand name.
- The name by which a commodity, service, or process is known to the trade.
- The name under which a business firm operates.
trade name - Business Definition
The name under which a company conducts business.