- the name by which a commodity is commonly known in trade
- a name used by a company to describe a product, service, etc., often, specif., a name that is a trademark or service mark
- the name under which a company carries on business
See trade name in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A name used to identify a commercial product or service, which may or may not be registered as a trademark. Also called brand name.
- The name by which a commodity, service, or process is known to the trade.
- The name under which a business firm operates.
Learn more about trade name