- The definition of a customer is a person who buys products or services from a store, restaurant or other retail seller.
An example of a customer is someone who goes to an electronics store and buys a TV.
- a person who buys, esp. one who buys from, or patronizes, an establishment regularly
- Informal any person with whom one has dealings: a rough customer
Origin of customerMiddle English ; from Old French coustumier: see custom
- One that buys goods or services, as from a store or business.
- Informal An individual with whom one must deal: That teacher is a tough customer.
terms etymologically related to customer