- The definition of a customer is a person who buys products or services from a store, restaurant or other retail seller.
An example of a customer is someone who goes to an electronics store and buys a TV.
customer definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person who buys, esp. one who buys from, or patronizes, an establishment regularly
- Informal any person with whom one has dealings: a rough customer
Origin: Middle English ; from Old French coustumier: see custom
customer definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- One that buys goods or services.
- Informal An individual with whom one must deal: a tough customer.
customer - Business Definition
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Business Terms Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
A person or organization that purchases goods or services.
customer - Phrases/Idioms
see ugly customer.