shopper definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person who shops
- a person hired by a store to shop for others
- a person hired by a store to compare competitors' merchandise and prices
- ☆ a handbill containing advertisements of local stores
shopper definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One who visits stores in search of merchandise or bargains.
- A commercial agent who compares the merchandise and prices of competing merchants.
- A commercial employee who fills mail or telephone orders.
- A newspaper containing advertisements and some local news, usually distributed free.