- a person who shops
- a person hired by a store to shop for others
- a person hired, as by a store, to compare competitors' merchandise and prices
- a handbill containing advertisements of local stores
- One who visits stores in search of merchandise or bargains.
- A commercial agent who compares the merchandise and prices of competing merchants.
- A commercial employee who fills mail or telephone orders.
- A newspaper containing advertisements and some local news, usually distributed free.
shop + -er