- The definition of incest is sex between close blood relatives.
- An example of incest is a brother and sister having sex.
- An example of incest is an uncle molesting his five year old nephew.
- sexual intercourse between persons too closely related to marry legally
- sexual molestation of a child or adolescent by a relative, esp. by a parent or other adult relative
Origin of incestMiddle English ; from Classical Latin incestum, moral sin, incest, neuter of incestus, unchaste ; from in-, not + castus, chaste: see caste
- Sexual relations between persons who are so closely related that their marriage is illegal or forbidden by custom.
- The crime of sexual relations with a person defined by statute as too closely related.
Origin of incestMiddle English, from Latin incestum, from neuter of incestus, impure, unchaste : in-, not; see in–1 + castus, pure, chaste; see kes- in Indo-European roots.
From Latin incestus.