These people are consumers.
The definition of a consumer is a person that buys goods and services.
An example of consumer is a person who purchases a new television.
a person or thing that consumes; specif., a person who buys goods or services for personal needs and not for resale
- One that consumes, especially one that acquires goods or services for direct use or ownership rather than for resale or use in production and manufacturing.
- Ecology A heterotrophic organism that ingests other organisms or organic matter in a food chain.
consumer - Computer Definition
consumer - Legal Definition
One who purchases or leases goods or services for his or her own personal, family, household, or other nonbusiness use.
- There was a rising worldwide consumption of consumer goods.
- The gas is distributed to the consumer from the wells in wrought-iron pipes, ranging in diameter from 20 in.
- Since war historically has interrupted the flow of consumer goods, and would do so even more in our present interconnected world, preserving our hard-earned possessions provides an additional disincentive to war.
- The United States is the gleatest lead producer and consumer in the world, its percentage of the total output and consumption averaging 30.4% and 32-5% respectively in the years 1904-1908.
- Moreover, the native population itself constitutes a large consumer of these oils.