- The definition of a user is someone who operates, abuses or puts something into action.
- An example of a user is someone who works on a computer.
- An example of a user is a person with a drug problem.
A happy computer user.
user definition by Webster's New World
- a person or thing that uses something (stated or implied); specif.,
- ☆ a person who uses drugs; addict
- a person who makes use of a computer
- the exercise of a right of use ()
- a right of use, based on long use
Origin: usersense ; from us(e) plush -er; in usersense a substantive use of Old French user, to use
user definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One that uses: a user of public transportation.
- Law The exercise or enjoyment of a right or property.
- One who uses addictive drugs.
user - Computer Definition
- End user.The living, breathing human being who actually uses a computer or application to perform processes that yield end results.
- The person, organization, process, device, program, system, or other entity that exploits another person, organization, process, device, program, system, or other entity.
An individual who uses a computer or some other equipment. Also called an "end user." The terms "user" and "end user" are synonymous; however, because IT professionals are users themselves when they operate the computer, they may prefer to use "end user" for the target user (employee or customer). See system development life cycle.