- to sell, esp. by peddling
- Now Rare to give public expression to (opinions); publish
Origin of vendFrench vendre from Classical Latin vendere, contr. from venum dare, to offer for sale from an unverified form venus, sale (see venal) + dare, to give
- to sell goods
- Archaic to be disposed of by sale
verbvend·ed, vend·ing, vends
- To offer for sale, especially by peddling.
- To supply (a product or service) to a business for a fee.
Origin of vendLatin vēndere shortening of vēnumdare vēnum sale ; see wes-3 in Indo-European roots. dare to give ; see dō- in Indo-European roots.
(third-person singular simple present vends, present participle vending, simple past and past participle vended)
- to sell
From Old French vendre, from Latin vendere.
vend - Legal Definition