- an arrangement or system of veins, as in an animal part, an insect's wing, or a leaf
- such veins collectively
Origin of venation; from Classical Latin vena, a vein
- Distribution or arrangement of a system of veins, as in a leaf blade or the wing of an insect.
- The veins of such a system considered as a group.
of a sweet gum leaf
(countable and uncountable, plural venations)
- The state of having veins, or the pattern of veins or vein-like structures within a larger entity.
- In science class, Jessie studied the venation of a leaf that had soaked in red food coloring.