- a drum player
- any of various fish or insects that make a drumming sound
Origin of drummersee drum, phrase drum upInformal a traveling salesman
- One who plays a drum, as in a band.
- A traveling salesperson.
- (music) One who plays the drums.
- (archaic) travelling salesman
drum (the instrument) + -er
- He looked round at the captive drummer boy and felt a pang in his heart.
- But what's this? he asked, noticing the French drummer boy.
- The sound of bare feet splashing through the mud was heard in the darkness, and the drummer boy came to the door.
- And running over the events of the day he remembered the French drummer boy.
- Dolokhov answered absently, scrutinizing the face of the French drummer boy.