Liable to break or to be broken. See Synonyms at fragile.
An article that can be broken easily: We put the breakables away before the toddlers arrived.
- Something that is (easily) breakable.
- We had to wrap all the breakables before the movers arrived.
- (usually in the plural, music) A set of customized hardware that is part of a drum kit. Breakables typically consist of: the drummer's cymbals including high-hats, the snare drum, the kick pedal and the drummer's stool.
- May be more common as breakables, the group of things that are easily broken.
break + -able
- Of course, these types of pots are also breakable.
- Wood and tin are more durable than glass or some of the plastics, and antique toys made from wood and metals are usually in better condition than those made from tin, glass and other breakable materials.
- Unlike other breakable carafes, the Pro series utilizes a polycarbonate container and a dishwasher safe removable jar lid.
- Well, logic will tell you that Cinderella couldn't have sprinted home in time to meet her curfew in real glass shoes and Wonder Woman couldn't have made emergency landings in a breakable aircraft.
- If other children are in the home, don't choose a fragile or breakable keepsake, as you want it to endure through the years, rather than end up in pieces days after it's received.