- The definition of flimsy is something which is lacking in strength or thin and easily broken.
An example of flimsy is a child's playhouse made of foam.
- thin and easily broken or damaged; poorly made and fragile; frail
- ill-conceived and inadequate; ineffectual: a flimsy excuse
Origin of flimsy; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps
- a sheet of thin paper, as used for carbon copies
- written or typed copy on such paper
- Light, thin, and insubstantial: a flimsy fabric.
- Lacking solidity or strength; easily damaged: a flimsy table. See Synonyms at fragile.
- Lacking plausibility; unconvincing: a flimsy excuse.
- Thin paper usually used to make multiple copies.
- Something written on this thin paper.
Origin of flimsyOrigin unknown.
(comparative flimsier or more flimsy, superlative flimsiest or most flimsy)