Liable to break or to be broken. See Synonyms at fragile.
An article that can be broken easily: We put the breakables away before the toddlers arrived.
- Something that is (easily) breakable.
- We had to wrap all the breakables before the movers arrived.
- (usually in the plural, music) A set of customized hardware that is part of a drum kit. Breakables typically consist of: the drummer's cymbals including high-hats, the snare drum, the kick pedal and the drummer's stool.
- May be more common as breakables, the group of things that are easily broken.
break + -able
- Of course, these types of pots are also breakable.
- Giving a breakable tea set to a very young child isn't very practical, which is why you'll find so many toy tea sets made of plastic.
- Unlike other breakable carafes, the Pro series utilizes a polycarbonate container and a dishwasher safe removable jar lid.
- Guests are also encouraged to leave all loose, valuable, or breakable items such as cell phones, keys, cameras, and sunglasses in a locker or with a non-rider for safety.
- Women whose nails are weak and easily breakable may feel more comfortable with a strong fake nail over their natural one.