A woman welcomes a visitor.
An example of a visitor to New York is someone who lives in Baltimore.
Origin of visitorMiddle English visitour ; from Anglo-French ; from Middle French visiteur
- Someone who visits someone else; someone staying as a guest.
- Someone who pays a visit to a specific place or event; a sightseer or tourist.
- (sports, usually in the plural) Someone, or a team, that is playing away from home.
- (ufology) An extraterrestrial being on Earth for any reason.
- An object which lands or passes by Earth or its orbit.