One persons idea of an extraterrestrial.
- Extraterrestrial is defined as something from space.
An example of extraterrestiral would be intelligent life forms that come from another planet.
- The definition of an extraterrestrial is an alien, or a hypothetical or fantasy figure of some intelligent being that lives on a planet other than earth.
An example of an extraterrestrial is the alien E.T. from the movie or Alf from the TV show.
(comparative more extraterrestrial, superlative most extraterrestrial)
extra- + terrestrial
- The Cat From Outer Space is a family comedy about a feline extraterrestrial named Jake.
- Nevada's Highway 375, which leads to the secret site from Warm Springs, has been dubbed "The Extraterrestrial Highway" because of the many reports of spaceship sightings in the area.
- Ridley Scott's film featured one of film's most terrifying alien villains: an extraterrestrial creature that murdered the crew of a mining vessel, one-by-one until only Weaver's character, Ellen Ripley, survived.
- Made for approximately ten million dollars, ET: the ExtraTerrestrial was released in 1982, re-released in 1985 and then a 20th anniversary edition was released in 2002, a director's cut with additional footage.
- Nor were all the dangers dealt with of extraterrestrial origin; sinister government cabals and greedy unscrupulous industrialists were also given their comeuppance.