- Terrestrial means relating to the earth or those who live there.
An example of a terrestrial being is an animal.
- The definition of a terrestrial is someone who lives on Earth.
An example of a terrestrial is a person who lives on the planet.
terrestrial definition by Webster's New World
- of this world; worldly; earthly; mundane
- of, constituting, or representing the earth: a terrestrial globe
- consisting of land as distinguished from water
- living on land rather than in water, in the air, in trees, etc.
- growing on land or in the soil
- of the four small, rocky inner planets of the solar system, specif. Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars
Origin: Middle English terrestrialle ; from Classical Latin terrestris ; from terra, terra
- terrestrially adverb
terrestrial definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to the earth or its inhabitants.
- Having a worldly, mundane character or quality.
- Of, relating to, or composed of land.
- Biology Living or growing on land; not aquatic: a terrestrial plant or animal.
Origin: Middle English, from Latin terrestris, from terra, earth; see ters- in Indo-European roots.
- ter·resˈtri·al·ly adverb
- ter·resˈtri·al·ness noun
terrestrial - Computer Definition
terrestrial - Science Definition
- Relating to Earth or its inhabitants.
- Relating to, living on, or growing on land.