- The definition of tellurian is something that has to do with the Earth.
An example of something tellurian is a dog; a tellurian animal of the earth.
- Tellurian means a person or animal who lives on Earth.
An example of a tellurian is a human being.
of the earth; terrestrial
Origin of tellurian; from Classical Latin tellus, genitive telluris, the earth (; from Indo-European base an unverified form telo-, flat surface from source thill, deal) + -an
- an inhabitant of the earth
- an apparatus for demonstrating how the earth's position and movement (diurnal rotation, annual revolution, etc.) cause day and night and the cycle of the seasonsalso tel·lu′rion·
Of, relating to, or inhabiting the earth.
- An inhabitant of the earth; a terrestrial.
- Variant of tellurion.
- Alternative spelling of tellurion.