- of or limited to this world; temporal or secular
- devoted to or concerned with the affairs, pleasures, etc. of this worldalso world′ly-mind′ed
- worldly-wise; sophisticated
- Of, relating to, or devoted to the material world, especially in contrast to spiritual concerns.
- Experienced in human affairs; sophisticated or worldly-wise: “an experienced and worldly man who had been almost everywhere” ( Willa Cather )
In a worldly manner.
(comparative worldlier or more worldly, superlative worldliest or most worldly)
(comparative more worldly, superlative most worldly)
- In a worldly manner.