- of or like earth or soil
- Archaic worldly
- coarse; unrefined
- simple and natural; hearty
- Of, consisting of, or resembling earth: an earthy smell.
- Of or characteristic of this world; worldly.
- Crude or off-color; indecent: an earthy joke.
- Hearty or uninhibited; natural: an earthy enjoyment of life.
- Unadorned and simple in style: an earthy homemade stew.
(comparative earthier, superlative earthiest)
- Resembling dirt or soil (i.e. earth).
- The earthy smell of fresh turned loam told me the farmer had started plowing this morning, the definitive sign of spring for me.
- Down to earth, un-artificed, natural.
- She was an earthy soul, the salt of the earth as they say of such rural folk, untarnished by false civilization.
- Like or resembling the earth or of the earth.
- Covered with earth (mud, dirt).