off-color definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- varying from the usual, standard, or required color
- ☆ not quite proper; in rather poor taste; risqué: an off-color joke
off-color definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Exhibiting bad taste: an off-color joke.
- Varying from the usual, expected, or required color.
- Not in good health or spirits.