- The definition of suggestive is something hinted at or recommended.
- An example of suggestive is a very flirtatious comment; a suggestive comment.
- An example of suggestive is someone saying they might be interested in going out dancing; a suggestive idea.
suggestive definition by Webster's New World
- that suggests or tends to suggest thoughts or ideas
- tending to suggest something considered improper or indecent; risqué
suggestive definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Tending to suggest; evocative: artifacts suggestive of an ancient society.b. Stimulating further thought: “Suggestive here is the Southern, often Western and rural locus of these tales” (Mark Muro).c. Conveying a hint or suggestion: conveyed the message with a few suggestive words.
- Tending to suggest something improper or indecent: a controversial song with highly suggestive lyrics.
- sug·gesˈtive·ly adverb
- sug·gesˈtive·ness noun