- The definition of meaningful is something that has a purpose, that is important or that has value.
- When you have a conversation with someone that is about something substantive and more important than just idle chat, this is an example of a conversation that would be described as meaningful.
- When someone gives you a present that has value and that you truly appreciate, this is an example of a meaningful gift.
- When someone gives you a glance that communicates a message to you, this is an example of a meaningful glance.
meaningful definition by Webster's New World
full of meaning; having significance or purpose
meaningful definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Having meaning, function, or purpose.
- Fraught with meaning; significant: A meaningful glance. See Synonyms at expressive.
- meanˈing·ful·ly adverb
- meanˈing·ful·ness noun