- When you have a conversation with someone that is about something substantive and more important than just idle chat, this is an example of a conversation that would be described as meaningful.
- When someone gives you a present that has value and that you truly appreciate, this is an example of a meaningful gift.
- When someone gives you a glance that communicates a message to you, this is an example of a meaningful glance.
The definition of meaningful is something that has a purpose, that is important or that has value.
- Having meaning, function, or purpose: a meaningful discussion.
- Showing or conveying meaning, especially without words: a meaningful glance.
(comparative more meaningful, superlative most meaningful)
meaning +"Ž -ful
- In its "Vision 2010" Strategy, Philips emphasizes that it is a "people-centric company" that strives to consistently deliver their brand of "sense and simplicity" products, improving the quality of life through meaningful innovations.
- By answering these questions, you'll be able to choose an appropriate and meaningful gift that relates directly to the individual recipient, rather than just a generic farming-themed gift that may not be suitable for their preferences.
- After couples purchase something as meaningful and significant as an engagement ring from a particular jeweler, they often want to continue buying precious jewelry from that same retailer for a sense of connection and continuity.
- While it would be wonderful to discover a volume that could fetch millions of dollars in an auction, finding beautiful and meaningful antique books to add to your own personal collection can also be a very rewarding experience.
- Obviously many submissions are sexual or criminal in nature, but other secrets include secret confessions of love or hate, as well as other deeply meaningful comments about life, and lessons that we learn as we travel through it.