A young girl with an expressive face.
An example of something expressive is an intense love poem.
- of or characterized by expression
- that expresses or shows; indicative (of): a song expressive of joy
- full of meaning or feeling: an expressive nod
Origin of expressiveMiddle English ; from Medieval Latin expressivus
- Of, relating to, or characterized by expression: a child's expressive ability.
- Serving to express or indicate meaning or feeling: actions expressive of frustration.
- Showing or communicating meaning or feeling effectively: an expressive glance.
(comparative more expressive, superlative most expressive)
From Middle French expressif