- The definition of expressive is showing feeling, or full of meaning.
An example of something expressive is an intense love poem.
A young girl with an expressive face.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- of or characterized by expression
- that expresses or shows; indicative (of): a song expressive of joy
- full of meaning or feeling: an expressive nod
Origin: Middle English ; from Midieval Latin expressivus
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of, relating to, or characterized by expression.
- Serving to express or indicate: actions expressive of frustration.
- Full of expression; significant: an expressive glance.
- ex·presˈsive·ly adverb
- ex·presˈsive·ness noun