The definition of passionate is having or showing strong feelings, strong emotions or a strong sexual desire.adjective
An example of passionate is someone who loves their career.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- having or showing strong feelings; full of passion
- easily angered; hot-tempered
- resulting from, expressing, or tending to arouse strong feeling; ardent; intense; impassioned: a passionate speech
- readily aroused to sexual activity; sensual
- strong; vehement: said of an emotion
Origin: ME passionat < ML passionatus
- passionately adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Capable of, having, or dominated by powerful emotions: a family of passionate personalities.
- Wrathful by temperament; choleric.
- Marked by strong sexual desire; amorous or lustful.
- Showing or expressing strong emotion; ardent: a passionate speech against injustice.
- Arising from or marked by passion: a teacher who is passionate about her subject.
- pasˈsion·ate·ly adverb
- pasˈsion·ate·ness noun