This would be an avid sports fan.
- A person who wants to win at any cost is an example of avid.
- Someone who talks only about sports is an avid sports fan.
- having an intense craving; greedy: avid for power
- eager and enthusiastic: an avid reader
Origin of avidClassical Latin avidus ; from avere, to desire
- Having or marked by keen interest and enthusiasm: an avid golfer; an avid interest in cooking.
- Having or marked by strong desire or craving; greedy: an economy with an avid appetite for consumer goods.
Origin of avidLatin avidus, from av&emacron;re, to desire.
(comparative more avid, superlative most avid)