- The definition of thirsty is someone or something that is in need of liquid or water, or is having a very strong desire for something.
- A person wandering the desert with no water is an example of someone who is thirsty.
- A plant that needs water is an example of something that is thirsty.
- A student who is hungry for knowledge and who wants to learn as much as he can is an example of someone who is thirsty for knowledge.
- Desiring to drink.
- Arid; parched: thirsty fields.
- Craving something: thirsty for news.
- Very absorbent: a thirsty sponge.
(comparative thirstier, superlative thirstiest)