- A person wandering the desert with no water is an example of someone who is thirsty.
- A plant that needs water is an example of something that is thirsty.
- A student who is hungry for knowledge and who wants to learn as much as he can is an example of someone who is thirsty for knowledge.
- feeling thirst; wanting to drink
- lacking water or moisture; dry; parched: thirsty fields
- very absorbent
- Informal causing thirst: thirsty work
- having a strong desire; craving
Origin of thirstyMiddle English thyrsti ; from Old English thurstig
- Desiring to drink.
- Arid; parched: thirsty fields.
- Craving something: thirsty for news.
- Very absorbent: a thirsty sponge.
(comparative thirstier, superlative thirstiest)