- A person wandering the desert with no water is an example of someone who is thirsty.
- A plant that needs water is an example of something that is thirsty.
- A student who is hungry for knowledge and who wants to learn as much as he can is an example of someone who is thirsty for knowledge.
The definition of thirsty is someone or something that is in need of liquid or water, or is having a very strong desire for something.
- feeling thirst; wanting to drink
- lacking water or moisture; dry; parched: thirsty fields
- very absorbent
- Informal causing thirst: thirsty work
- having a strong desire; craving
Origin of thirstyMiddle English thyrsti from Old English thurstig
- Desiring to drink.
- Arid; parched: thirsty fields.
- Craving something: thirsty for news.
- Very absorbent: a thirsty sponge.
(comparative thirstier, superlative thirstiest)