The definition of thirsty is someone or something that is in need of liquid or water, or is having a very strong desire for something.adjective
- A person wandering the desert with no water is an example of someone who is thirsty.
- A plant that needs water is an example of something that is thirsty.
- A student who is hungry for knowledge and who wants to learn as much as he can is an example of someone who is thirsty for knowledge.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
adjective thirst·i·er, thirst·i·est
- Desiring to drink.
- Arid; parched: thirsty fields.
- Craving something: thirsty for news.
- Very absorbent: a thirsty sponge.
- thirstˈi·ly adverb
- thirstˈi·ness noun