- The definition of a craving is a very strong desire.
An example of a craving is a pregnant woman absolutely needing to eat frozen yogurt.
- Craving means to want something very much.
An example of craving is wanting water when you are very thirsty.
From Middle English cravinge, from Old English crafing (“claim, demand”), equivalent to crave + -ing.
- Present participle of crave.
- What can I do to overcome my constant sugar cravings?
- Cravings for carbohydrates can lead to weight gain.
- In the fourth week, I had an intense craving for salt.
- These, combined with cigarette cravings, are why it is difficult for some people to give up smoking.
- I have a big craving for sweets.