- a strong desire; craving; appetite
- Now Rare
- an instinctive tendency; propensity
- a natural attraction; affinity
Origin of appetencyClassical Latin appetentia, a longing after from present participle of appetere: see appetite
- A strong craving or desire: “He spoke in words shot through with appetency as storm clouds are pierced with lightning” ( Christopher John Farley )
- A natural propensity or affinity.
Origin of appetencyLatin appetentia ; see appetence .
- Strong desire; craving; powerful instinct.