- The definition of hunger is the desire for something.
An example of hunger is what people feel when starving in an African nation.
- Hunger is defined as wanting something.
An example of hunger is desperately wanting justice in the world; to hunger for justice.
hunger definition by Webster's New World
- the discomfort, pain, or weakness caused by a need for food
- famine; starvation
- a desire, need, or appetite for food
- any strong desire; craving
Origin: Middle English ; from Old English hungor, akin to German hunger ; from Indo-European base an unverified form kenk-, to burn, dry up from source Lithuanian kankà, pain
- to feel hunger; be hungry; need food
- to have a strong desire; crave: with for or after
hunger definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. A strong desire or need for food.b. The discomfort, weakness, or pain caused by a prolonged lack of food.
- A strong desire or craving: a hunger for affection.
- To have a need or desire for food.
- To have a strong desire or craving.
Origin: Middle English, from Old English hungor.
hunger - Medical Definition
- A strong desire or need for food.
- The discomfort, weakness, or pain caused by a prolonged lack of food.
- A strong desire or craving, as for affection.