- The definition of crave is to strongly desire.
An example of crave is a pregnant woman needing to eat chocolate ice cream.
- to ask for earnestly; beg
- to long for eagerly; desire strongly
- to be in great need of
Origin: Middle English craven ; from Old English crafian, literally , to demand as right ; from base of cræft, strength, might: see craft
- craver noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
verb craved craved, crav·ing, craves verb, transitive
- To have an intense desire for. See Synonyms at desire.
- To need urgently; require.
- To beg earnestly for; implore. See Synonyms at beg.
Origin: Middle English craven, from Old English crafian, to beg.
- cravˈer noun
- cravˈing·ly adverb