This dog acts like he's hungry.
- The definition of hungry is craving something.
An example of hungry is to long for affection or love, such as hungry for love.
- Hungry means wanting or needing to eat food.
An example of being hungry is to want to eat a meal, such as hungry for a burger.
- Experiencing a desire or need for food.
- Extremely desirous; avid: hungry for recognition.
- Characterized by or expressing hunger or craving: hungry eyes.
- Lacking richness or fertility: hungry soil.
Origin of hungryMiddle English hungri, from Old English hungrig, from hungor, hunger.
(comparative hungrier, superlative hungriest)