This dog acts like he's hungry.
- The definition of hungry is craving something.
An example of hungry is to long for affection or love, such as hungry for love.
- Hungry means wanting or needing to eat food.
An example of being hungry is to want to eat a meal, such as hungry for a burger.
- feeling, having, or showing hunger; specif.,
- wanting or needing food
- craving; eager: hungry for praise
- Rare producing hunger
- not fertile; barren: said of soil
Origin of hungryMiddle English from Old English hungrig
- Experiencing a desire or need for food.
- Extremely desirous; avid: hungry for recognition.
- Characterized by or expressing hunger or craving: hungry eyes.
- Lacking richness or fertility: hungry soil.
Origin of hungryMiddle English hungri from Old English hungrig from hungor hunger
(comparative hungrier, superlative hungriest)