- Hungry means wanting or needing to eat food.
An example of being hungry is to want to eat a meal, such as hungry for a burger.
- The definition of hungry is craving something.
An example of hungry is to long for affection or love, such as hungry for love.
This dog acts like he's hungry.
hungry definition by Webster's New World
hungry definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective hun·gri·er, hun·gri·est
- Experiencing a desire or need for food.
- Extremely desirous; avid: hungry for recognition.
- Characterized by or expressing hunger or craving: hungry eyes.
- Lacking richness or fertility: hungry soil.
Origin: Middle English hungri, from Old English hungrig, from hungor, hunger.
- hunˈgri·ly adverb
- hunˈgri·ness noun