- The definition of insatiable is an appetite for something that cannot be satisfied.
- An example of insatiable is a dog who cannot ever get enough to eat.
- An example of insatiable is a desire for more and more money that never goes away.
constantly wanting more; that cannot be satisfied or appeased; very greedy
Origin of insatiablesee in- and amp; satiate
Impossible to satiate or satisfy: an insatiable appetite; an insatiable hunger for knowledge.
Origin of insatiableMiddle English insaciable, from Old French, from Latin īnsatiābilis : in-, not; see in–1 + satiāre, to fill; see satiate.
- in·sa′tia·bil′i·ty, in·sa′tia·ble·ness
(comparative more insatiable, superlative most insatiable)
- Nouns to which "insatiable" is often applied: appetite, desire, curiosity, thirst, hunger, need, greed.