- The definition of omnivorous is feeding on both plants and meat or taking anything available.
A person who eats both vegetables and meat is an example of someone who is omnivorous.
omnivorous definition by Webster's New World
- eating any sort of food, esp. both animal and vegetable food
- taking in everything indiscriminately, as with the intellect: an omnivorous reader
Origin: Classical Latin omnivorus: see omni- and amp; -vorous
omnivorous definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Eating both animal and vegetable foods.
- Taking in everything available, as with the mind: an omnivorous reader.
Origin: From Latin omnivorus : omni-, omni- + -vorus, -vorous.
- om·nivˈo·rous·ly adverb
- om·nivˈo·rous·ness noun