- having or showing no partiality, bias, or preference; neutral
- having or showing no interest, concern, or feeling; uninterested, apathetic, or unmoved
- of no consequence or importance; immaterial
- not particularly good or bad, large or small, right or wrong, etc.; fair, average, etc.
- not really good; rather poor or bad
- neutral in quality, as a chemical, magnet, etc.; inactive: chiefly in scientific use
- capable of developing in various ways, as the cells of an embryo that are not yet specialized; undifferentiated
Origin of indifferentOld French from Classical Latin indifferens: see in- and different