- The definition of sensual is something that is pleasing to your body and your senses.
An example of sensual is a soft fabric that is enjoyable to touch.
- of the body and the senses as distinguished from the intellect or spirit; bodily: sensual pleasures
- connected or preoccupied with bodily or sexual pleasures; voluptuous
- full of lust; licentious; lewd
- resulting from, or showing preoccupation with, bodily or sexual pleasure: a sensual expression
- Now Rare sensory or sensuous
Origin of sensualClassical Latin sensualis ; from sensus, feeling, sense
- a. Relating to or involving gratification of the senses, especially sexual gratification: sensual indulgence; sensual desires. See Synonyms at sensuous.b. Sexually attractive: a sensual mouth.c. Given to or preoccupied with gratification of the senses.
- Relating to or affecting any of the senses or a sense organ; sensory: “Ye soft pipes, play on; / Not to the sensual ear, but more endear'd, Pipe to the spirit ditties of no tone” (John Keats).
(comparative more sensual, superlative most sensual)
From Late Latin sensualis (“endowed with feeling, sensual"), from Latin sensus (“feeling, sense").