- The definition of sensual is something that is pleasing to your body and your senses.
An example of sensual is a soft fabric that is enjoyable to touch.
- of the body and the senses as distinguished from the intellect or spirit; bodily: sensual pleasures
- connected or preoccupied with bodily or sexual pleasures; voluptuous
- full of lust; licentious; lewd
- resulting from, or showing preoccupation with, bodily or sexual pleasure: a sensual expression
- Now Rare sensory or sensuous
Origin of sensualClassical Latin sensualis ; from sensus, feeling, sense
- a. Relating to or involving gratification of the senses, especially sexual gratification: sensual indulgence; sensual desires. See Synonyms at sensuous.b. Sexually attractive: a sensual mouth.c. Given to or preoccupied with gratification of the senses.
- Relating to or affecting any of the senses or a sense organ; sensory: “Ye soft pipes, play on; / Not to the sensual ear, but more endear'd, Pipe to the spirit ditties of no tone” (John Keats).
(comparative more sensual, superlative most sensual)
From Late Latin sensualis (â€œendowed with feeling, sensualâ€), from Latin sensus (â€œfeeling, senseâ€).