An example of something luxurious is a brand new car.
- fond of or indulging in luxury
- constituting or contributing to luxury; splendid, rich, comfortable, etc.
Origin of luxuriousOld French luxurius from Classical Latin luxuriosus
- Marked by luxury or a fondness for luxury: luxurious taste.
- Providing great pleasure or comfort, especially at great cost: luxurious bedsheets that were made of silk. See Synonyms at sensuous.
(comparative more luxurious, superlative most luxurious)
- Enjoying pleasures of luxury.
- Being very fine and comfortable.