- The definition of luxurious is of great comfort, luxury and often great cost.
An example of something luxurious is a brand new car.
- fond of or indulging in luxury
- constituting or contributing to luxury; splendid, rich, comfortable, etc.
Origin: OFr luxurius from Classical Latin luxuriosus
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Fond of or given to luxury.
- Marked by or contributing to luxury.
- Of a sumptuous, costly, or rich variety. See Synonyms at sensuous.
- lux·uˈri·ous·ly adverb
- lux·uˈri·ous·ness noun