The definition of choleric is easily becoming angry.
An example of someone choleric is a teacher who becomes enraged over tiny mistakes.
- having or showing a quick temper or irascible nature
- Obs. of or having choler, or bile
Origin of cholericMiddle English colerik, having choler as the predominant humor, hence of bilious temperament ; from Old French colerique ; from Classical Latin cholericus ; from Classical Greek cholerikos: see cholera
- a. Easily angered; bad-tempered.b. Archaic Having choler as the dominant humor in terms of medieval physiology.
- Showing or expressing anger: choleric remarks.
- chol′er·i·cal·ly, chol′er·ic·ly
(comparative more choleric, superlative most choleric)
From Old French colerique, from Latin cholericus.