The definition of choleric is easily becoming angry.
An example of someone choleric is a teacher who becomes enraged over tiny mistakes.
- having or showing a quick temper or irascible nature
- Obs. of or having choler, or bile
Origin of cholericMiddle English colerik, having choler as the predominant humor, hence of bilious temperament from Old French colerique from Classical Latin cholericus from Classical Greek cholerikos: see cholera
- a. Easily angered; bad-tempered.b. Archaic Having choler as the dominant humor in terms of medieval physiology.
- Showing or expressing anger: choleric remarks.
- chol′er·i·cal·ly chol′er·ic·ly
(comparative more choleric, superlative most choleric)
From Old French colerique, from Latin cholericus.