Meryl became short tempered with the waiter when his latte was not made exactly as he ordered.
An example of short tempered is a person who starts to yell every single time something goes wrong, whether big or small.
(comparative more short-tempered, superlative most short-tempered)
- There will be a tendency for emotional flare ups, especially anger or short-tempered spurts, but just as quickly as you experience an outburst, the emotion recedes.
- Peers often describe rejected classmates as disruptive, short-tempered, unattractive, and likely to brag, to start fights, and to get in trouble with the teacher.
- No one wants to spend time with a grouch and the grouch in question is basing their opinions on their short-tempered observations, not a positive combination.
- Keep in mind that "negative" is often in the eye of the beholder; it is true that Aries is often short-tempered, impulsive and even a bit selfish.
- Normally patient, taciturn ox can sometimes turn eccentric and short-tempered.