The definition of irritable is someone who is cranky, or who has the tendency to be grumpy and get mad easily.adjective
A woman who is very pregnant, has raging hormones and gets really mad at everything all the time is an example of someone who would be described as irritable.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- easily annoyed or provoked; fretful
- Med. excessively or pathologically sensitive to a stimulus
- Physiol. able to respond to a stimulus
Origin: L irritabilis < irritare, to irritate
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Easily irritated or annoyed.
- Pathology Abnormally sensitive to a stimulus.
- Physiology Capable of responding to stimuli.
Origin: French irritable, from Latin irrītābilis, from irrītāre, to irritate.
- irˈri·ta·ble·ness noun
- irˈri·ta·bly adverb
irritable - Medical Definition
- Capable of reacting to a stimulus.
- Abnormally sensitive to a stimulus.