- The definition of cheerful is a person or thing that brings joy, humor or good spirits.
- A bright room that makes people feel happy when they enter it is an example of cheerful.
- Someone who is "the life of the party" is an example of cheerful.
A cheerful baby.
cheerful definition by Webster's New World
- full of cheer; joyful
- filling with cheer; bright and attractive: a cheerful room
- willing; ready: a cheerful helper
cheerful definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Being in good spirits; merry. See Synonyms at glad1.
- Promoting a feeling of cheer; pleasant: a cozy, cheerful room.
- Reflecting willingness or good humor: contributed her cheerful labor to the project.
- cheerˈful·ly adverb
- cheerˈful·ness noun