- The definition of optimistic is a feeling or attitude of being positive or hopeful about the future.
An example of someone who isoptimistic is a person who believes that he will get a promotion and that everything will turn out alright.
(comparative more optimistic, superlative most optimistic)
- Expecting the best in all possible ways.
- in an optimistic mood
- optimistic plans
- took an optimistic view
Variant of optimism
- the doctrine held by Leibniz and others that the existing world is the best possible
- the doctrine or belief that good ultimately prevails over evil
- the tendency to take the most hopeful or cheerful view of matters or to expect the best outcome
Origin of optimismFrench optimisme ; from Classical Latin optimus, best: see optimum