- like a rose, esp. in color; rose-red or pink; often, blushing or flushed with a healthy, blooming red: rosy cheeks
- Archaic made or consisting of, or adorned with, roses
- bright, promising, cheerful, etc.: a rosy future
Origin of rosyMiddle English
- a. Having the characteristic pink or red color of a rose.b. Flushed with a healthy glow: rosy cheeks.
- Consisting of, decorated with, or suggestive of a rose or roses.
- Bright or cheerful; optimistic: rosy predictions.
(comparative rosier, superlative rosiest)
From rose +"Ž -y
- (slang, UK) tea
- I wish a cup of Rosy.
- I fancy a cup of rosy lee.
From Cockney rhyming slang, "Rosie Lee".