- Amused is defined as something or someone who is watching or hearing something that makes them happy.
Someone who is laughing out loud is an example of someone who is amused.
- The definition of amused means you made someone cheerful or joyful.
A clown that made children squeal with delight is an example of a clown that amused children.
Variant of amuse
- to keep pleasantly or enjoyably occupied or interested; entertain: we amused ourselves with games
- to make laugh, smile, etc. by being comical or humorous
- Obsolete to engage the attention of so as to deceive; delude; bemuse
Origin: French amuser ; from à, at plush Old French muser, to stare fixedly, muse