- the condition of being amused
- something that amuses or entertains; entertainment
The definition of amusement is the feeling you have when you see or hear something that makes you laugh or raises your spirits.
Bugs Bunny, who has brought humorous entertainment to generations of children, is an example of someone who brought amusement to children.
- The state of being amused, entertained, or pleased.
- Something that amuses, entertains, or pleases.
(countable and uncountable, plural amusements)
- Damian heard the amusement in his voice.
- His eyes were dancing with amusement as he used one hand to jerk the towel free and expose cut-off blue jeans.
- At the amusement in his voice, she flushed.
- A flicker of amusement crossed her face.
- Amusement twinkled in his eyes and played with the corners of his mouth.